Amazon has just announced its first ever home security product, which is called the Amazon Cloud Cam. As the name suggests, this device is designed for use around your home, as a security measure.
The Amazon Cloud Cam joins Amazon’s growing array of hardware products that the company has been steadily pumping out over the past few years. So what’s the deal with the Amazon Cloud Cam?
Like most security cams on market right now, it does 24/7 monitoring in 1080p quality, features notifications, so, if something unexpected happens in your home it will notify you, and is also features night vision which will no doubt make it an excellent option for ghost hunters.
Here’s a breakdown of the Amazon Cloud Cams features via Amazon’s product page:
- 24/7 monitoring – Stay connected to your home, family, and pets. Catch activities as they happen in 1080p Full HD and watch the last 24 hours of clips for free.
- Notifications – Get notified when Cloud Cam sees activity and use the Cloud Cam App to check in anytime with live view.
- See clearly in the dark – Night vision lets you detect what’s happening around the clock.
- Two-way audio – Check in with the family or tell your dog to stop barking.
- 30-day free trial – Get advanced features like person detection, Zones, and more storage, plus download & share clips with a Cloud Cam subscription.
- Works with Alexa – Just ask Alexa to show your live feed on your Amazon Fire TV, Fire Tablet, Echo Show, or Echo Spot.
- Cloud Cam’s intelligence lives in the cloud so it is always getting smarter with more advanced alerts, detection, and features.
- Amazon Key Edition available – Get in-home delivery and guest access when you purchase the Amazon Key In-Home Kit (includes Cloud Cam Key Edition and an Amazon Key compatible smart lock)
Other notable features include two-way audio, so you can tell your dog to shut the hell up if it is barking uncontrollably. The Amazon Cloud Cam also works with Alexa, which means it can understand voice commands and also show a live stream of what’s happening on your phone, Amazon Fire TV or Echo Show.
How much does all this cost? Quite a bit – $119. And that is A LOT more than some of its competitors. But if you’re already invested in Amazon’s Alexa ecosystem and care about security, this premium price tag might not bother you too much.
Amazon does sell A LOT of similarly-specced rival devices too, so I would definitely check them out before pulling the trigger on the Amazon Cloud Cam.
style=”display: block; text-align: center;” data-ad-format=”fluid” data-ad-layout=”in-article” data-ad-client=”ca-pub-2901754605844582″ data-ad-slot=”5163862558″>
Hey… A great happiness because you have visited this page Amazon Joins Home Security Fray With Amazon Cloud Cam. I wish this post provide some useful informations about mobile technology for you.
All contents of this page are sourced from: http://www.knowyourmobile.com/devices/amazon-cloud-cam/24620/amazon-joins-home-security-fray-amazon-cloud-cam