If you’re in the market for an Amazon Echo or Amazon Dot, now’s the time to pull the trigger as they’re cheaper than ever
As Amazon Prime Day draws ever closer, the deals are starting to come in thick and fast. And today we have some rather good news about Amazon’s excellent Echo and Dot devices.
Both units – Amazon Echo and Amazon Dot – have had their prices SLASHED by £70 and £15 respectively, making the AI devices even more appealing.
These deals will be available from 18:00 BST on July 10th.
The Amazon Echo, which usually retails for £149.99 is now available for £79.99.
The Amazon Dot, which normally costs £49.99 now retails for £34.99.
Obviously, the Amazon Echo offer is slightly more compelling. The Echo is bigger than the Dot, though both feature the excellent Alexa at their core, which is arguably the smartest personal assistant on the planet right now.
These smart speakers are essentially digital butlers, in that they can perform a multitude of tasks like ordering pizza, buying things from Amazon and ordering you an Uber.
Amazon has been in the digital butler game the longest, and it really shows when you compare Alexa’s abilities to Google Home’s – Alexa can do a lot more. This is largely thanks to Amazon opening up Alexa to developers very early on.
“Alexa—the brain behind Amazon Echo—updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning,” said Amazon, “adding new functionality and skills. The more you use Echo, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary and personal preferences.”
It added: “Just in the last few months we’ve added Amazon order tracking, IFTTT, local search from Yelp, movie showtimes, Google and Outlook.com calendar support, Audible audiobooks, text-to-speech for Kindle eBooks and thousands of new skills from third-party developers.”
Amazon Echo Specs:
- Size – 235 x 83.5 x 83.5 mm (9.25″ x 3.27″ x 3.27″)
- Weight – 1064 grams
- Wi-Fi Connectivity – Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO) for faster streaming and fewer dropped connections than standard Wi-Fi. Supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networks. Does not support connection to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Amazon Echo and Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices
- Audio – 2.5-inch woofer and 2.0-inch tweeter
- Amazon Echo comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android and iOS devices, and also accessible via your desktop browser. Certain skills and services are subject to change, may not be available outside the United Kingdom, and may require separate subscriptions or other fees
Amazon Echo has been a huge success for Amazon; you only need look at the reviews on its Amazon Page to see how popular it is – most are five stars and packed with praise.
Hey… A great happiness because you have visited this page Amazon SLASHES Price of Amazon Echo, Amazon Dot. I wish this post provide some useful informations about mobile technology for you.
All contents of this page are sourced from: Source link