To be very precise, whenever you try to open a webpage; may it be youtube or some other, You will be shown “The Site Can’t be Reached“. Under it, you will find some more information which says “The webpage at *Webpage url here* might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address“. Under that the actual error information “err_quic_protocol_error“.
Though the error page says that the url is down or moved, but it is far from true. Because there is a very easy solution to this error. After Performing the short fix that we are going to share in this post, you will be able to reach the same site or webpage without any issues.
How to fix err_quic_protocol_error
The fix to this error is more simple than you can think, Just a few steps and you will be able to get rid of err_quic_protocol_error issue on your chrome browser. Normally, we share more than 2 solutions to any particular error that users face. But today, we are confident that this one solution will work like charm. So, let us see how to fix this.
Steps to Fix err_quic_protocol_error
- Open a new tab in your chrome browser
- Type “chrome://flags/” in the Address bar and hit Enter.
- You will see “Careful, these experiment may bite” on top and some Warning Text. Ignore it.
- Hold Ctrl and hit F (Ctrl + F) key on your keyboard for the Find Box to Pop up.
- Type or Copy paste “Experimental QUIC protocol” in the find box to find what we need.
- Now, From the Drop Down menu, Select Disabled.
- Close Chrome Browser and Launch it again.
Now feel free and go to the webpage which was throwing err_quic_protocol_error error on the screen. This time around, it will be gone for good and you can access any webpage without any issues.
Thank you have visited this post, I wish this post which discuss about "err_quic_protocol_error" In Google Chrome Fixed can be useful for you.