Android is an awesome mobile OS. But, Sometimes it may perform really bad. You may experience some problems with it. An error “Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped Working” has become very common nowadays. You may face this problem after opening play store or during installing any app. Even, It may popup during after opening any app. Fixing this error is not a big deal. But you should know the reasons behind it.
Reasons Behind Google Play Services has Stopped Working:
There are several reasons behind Google play services has stopped working problem. But, These are the common –
- You are using an older device.
- Your android version is outdated.
- Google Play Services app is outdated.
- There is something wrong with your internet connection.
Else, There may be other reasons. But these are the main things which cause this problem. Else, BlueStacks users may encounter this error due to some technical reasons. Who are using bluestacks 1, They have more chance to face it.
How to Fix Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped Working:
Android phone users should follow these things to fix this problem.
Solution 1: Update Play Services
As older version users may experience this problem more, I would like to recommend you to update the google play services. I hope, It will fix the problem. If you enable automatic update in your android phone, It should be updated automatically. To do it –
- Open Play Store.
- Tap on the button (Three lines) and go to Settings.
- Now, Tap on Auto-update apps and choose your preferred option to enable it.
- Now, Connect to Wi-Fi, Your phone will check for update automatically.
If you think, It’s not working, You may search for latest APK file of Google Play Services and install it in your phone. Else, There is an app named Play Services Info that you can download from here. It may help you to get update or APK file. If you are bluestacks user, Update it to latest version. I hope, It will help you to get rid of unfortunately google play services has stopped working error.
Solution 2: Clear Cache
If updating doesn’t work, You should clear cache and date of Play Services. To do it –
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Now, Find Google Play Services and tap on it.
- Tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data (If available).
- Do the same thing for play store and framework.
- Now, Restart your phone and see unfortunately google play services has stopped working problem has gone away.
Solution 3: Uninstall and Re-Install Google Play Services’ Update
Another possible fix is reinstalling its updates. But, You can’t do it normally. You have to deactivate Android Device Manager as system administrator temporarily. Here are the details –
- Go to Settings > Security > Device Administrators.
- Now, Open Android Device Manager and tap on Deactivate.
- Then, Navigate to Settings > Apps > Google Play Services.
- Tap on Uninstall Updates.
- If you have auto update enabled, Your phone will update it to the latest version again.
- Anyway, You have to activate android device manager as system administrator again.
- Reboot your phone. I hope, It will help you to get rid of the problem.
Solution 4: Reset App Preferences to Fix Unfortunately Google Play Services has Stopped Working
This is a very good technique to get rid of any android app or service related problems. To do it –
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Now, Tap on the sign like three dots and select Reset app preferences. To understand more clearly, See the screenshot.
I hope, It will fix the problem. If you still fail, Follow next method.
Solution 5: Re-add Google Account
Another good method is re-adding google account. It will be very good thing, If it works. To do it –
- Navigate to Settings > Accounts & Sync > Google.
- Now, Tap on three dots along with your gmail and tap on Remove.
- Tap on Remove Account from popup window.
- Now, Clear cache and date like solution 2.
- Restart your phone and add your google account again.
I hope, All of these methods will fix the problem google play has stopped working. If you still face the issue, You can check for your phone’s software update. You will get fixed any problems with minor updates of android. If anything doesn’t work, You can search for more solutions online. At last, You may consider resetting your phone. But don’t forget to backup your data.
If you know any better solutions, You can share with us.
Thank you have visited this post, I wish this post which discuss about Fix Unfortunately Google Play Services has Stopped Working can be useful for you.