A regular chrome users may see some common problems while browsing various websites. WebGL problems are not very common among them. But, It may bug you any time. Anyway, In this article, you will get some suggestions to fix rats! webgl hit a snag error.
This problem may appear in any operating system like Windows, Mac or Linux even android. Some people do mistake by thinking it as malware problem. It is not any malware related problem. Anyway, It’s time to know the solution.
How to Fix Rats! WebGL Hit a Snag in Google Chrome:
Normally, Reloading the problematic webpage or relaunching chrome fix this web graphics library error. If this problem bug you more often or it appears repeatedly, You will need to follow some methods to resolve it.
1. Tweak Hardware Acceleration When Possible:
This is the primary solution in order to fix rats! webgl hit a snag error. A savvy chrome user should know how to enable or disable hardware acceleration. Anyway, Here are instructions who don’t know it.
- First of all, Go to Settings of chrome browser. You will have to click on three vertical dots button from top right corner. Then, Click on Settings.
- Now, Scroll down and click on Show advanced settings….
- Then, Find Use hardware acceleration when available and tick it. If it is already ticked, Just uncheck this option and relaunch chrome.
Doing these things should help you to fix webgl hit a snag error.
2. Disable WebGL:
This is second best solution. Disabling webGL can fix this problem for some users. In case, You don’t know how to disable it, follow these steps:
- At first, Type chrome://flags in chrome address-bar and hit enter.
- Now, Find WebGL and disable it.
- Then, Relaunch google chrome.
I hope you will know longer see Rats! WebGL hit a snag error message.
Don’t think that this is last solution. But, It should work if first two methods fail. You can reset google chrome in order to fix any problems related to it. But, Before doing that, i suggest you to do following things.
- Type and go to chrome://flags like before.
- Then, Click on Reset all to default.
It should cure webgl hit a snag error. If it doesn’t work, You can reset your browser. All you will have to do is go to Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Reset Settings.
Still Looking for Solution?
Okay. I never expect it to be happened. But, If nothing works for you, Go to chrome://gpu. There, you will find the GPU related errors that your browser is experiencing. Try to resolve them. If you need more help, you can get help from chrome support forum.
I hope these information will help you to fix rats! webGL hit a snag error. You may know any better solution. So, You are most welcome to share your method in comment box.
Thank you have visited this post, I wish this post which discuss about How to Fix Rats! WebGL Hit a Snag in Chrome can be useful for you.