Microsoft says No New Builds until “Insider Ring disabled” error is fixed (Build 14342.1004)
Yesterday, Microsoft rolled out build 14342.1004 to insiders. Since then users have been reporting that the insider app in settings menu are not allowing them to switch rings. The ring selection option is disabled and greyed out.
After receiving several reports on this issue, Microsoft has now finally confirmed the issue. And also promised that the fix is one the way. The issue is from server side and will not resolved by releasing a new build with Hot Fix, confirmed by Microsoft.
To comment on this issue, Microsoft has written one post on their Answers forum.
We are aware of this issue and are actively addressing it. This is a service-side change that will be necessary and no action is required on your part.
– We will not release any flights until this is corrected.
– A fix is expected within the next few days, so no new builds over the weekend. This isn’t surprising, right? I can count on zero fingers how many Saturday or Sunday builds we’ve released to Insiders. And… we have Monday off as well. ?
– No action should be required on your part.
– We will make the necessary changes and when complete, affected users should be back on their original ring (WIP Fast)
– This only affects users on Mobile build 14342.1004 (which was released only to WIP Fast)
So Microsoft is not going to release any build in upcoming days unless and until they fix this issue. Hope so Microsoft will fix this issue ASAP, so that insiders can take the test of the new build ASAP.
Having Problems with Xap or Appx Deployment? Please go through the Beginners Guide.
PS : Always buy genuine apps & games to support the developers. Please dont use patches unless you cant afford to buy it or if apps are not supported for your region.
Thank you for your visit on this page Microsoft says No New Builds until “Insider Ring disabled” error is fixed (Build 14342.1004)