After a quick off-week for Destiny 2, the Tower welcomes back Lord Saladin for the first time in Season 2. Fans of PvP Crucible gameplay can once again take part in Iron Banner matches over the next seven days to score some new armor and weapons. Based on Bungie’s most recent update, it appears Iron Banner is following in the footsteps of the most recent Faction Rally event where new gear will be slowly rolled out over time, with the full slate of loot available in the last seasonal event.
While that news will no doubt disappoint some fans, Bungie is implementing a few new features for season 2’s Iron Banner. For many, the biggest draw of this event is the loot it brings and players can collect new weapons, emblems, ships, ghost shells, and samurai-inspired armor for each of the three classes. The biggest change comes with Saladin himself, as the Iron Lord now has gear for players to directly purchase, rather than relying on the engram and RNG system. Lastly, players can complete challenges and objectives to earn ornaments for the new Iron Banner gear, letting them stand out from the crowd a bit more.
Before jumping into an Iron Banner control match, stick around to see what else is new this week in Destiny 2. With the reset finally here, the game has a whole new set of milestones for players to work on the Nightfall, Flashpoint location, Raid challenge, and much more. So make sure to check out our guide below as it covers everything players need to know for the week January 3o, 2018.
Weekly Nightfall Strike
This week in the Nightfall, Savathun is once again singing that familiar song. This strike remains fairly divisive with the community thanks in large part to how often it appears as the weekly Nightfall.
As most players should be aware of by now, the strike takes place on Titan inside the Solarium. During the start of the mission, players need to work together to defend Ghost as he removes the wards from a nearby door. During that time, the fireteam faces off against waves of enemies. Beyond that, the team then needs to find and destroy numerous void crystals in order to progress while facing the likes of powerful Hive enemies such as Wizards, Ogres, and Knights.
After reaching the end of the combat-heavy strike, players face Savathun’s Song, a giant Shrieker. Unlike most shriekers, this one teleports around the room while reinforcements continually flood the area. During this time, players should focus on the adds to clear them out which in turn creates opportunities to attack the boss. At 50% health, two Ogres enter the battle, and then at 25%, Savathun’s Song gains a light shield. Players will then need to find and destroy a nearby void crystal to drop the shield, finish off the boss and complete the mission.
The modifiers and challenges this week are:
- Momentum: While standing still health and shield regeneration are disabled. Players need to sprint in order to trigger the regeneration process.
- Timewarp: Anomalies: Destroy any detected anomalies during the mission to increase the Nightfall timer.
The player challenges for this week are:
- Speed of Dark requires the fireteam to finish the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining on the clock.
- To earn Unbroken, the fireteam needs to complete the Nightfall with fewer than three deaths.
- The Best Defense can be completed by shooting down 15 projectiles before defeating Savathun’s Song.
Flashpoint Location and Treasure Maps
After dealing with the hordes of Hive and Fallen on Titan, the weekly Flashpoint has moved to Nessus. As is the case each and every week, players simply need to take part in public events on the highlighted destination. To finish this quest faster, players are encouraged to trigger the heroic modifier for each event, which also increases the challenge slightly.
Alongside the Flashpoint, Cayde-6 is also offering his usual assortment of treasure maps. These are typically a hit or miss, with rewards ranging from simple destination tokens and rare gear, to more interesting loot like emblems, exotics, and items which can be traded for glimmer. Before heading out to Nessus, make sure to visit with the Exo to purchase this week’s set of maps.
While an icon appears on the minimap, here’s a general description of where players should be looking:
- Starting things off at Artifact’s Edge, players should jump down from the fast travel point and start heading towards the Hallows. Ignore or kill the nearby Vex and fall down the large hole into the caverns below. Head down the left side and continue straight on until you reach the Sunken Caverns. Using the floating rocks, continue jumping towards a ledge on the left side of the room where the glowing chest is waiting.
- The next two chests can be found off of the Watcher’s Grave fast travel point:
- The first chest can be found along the path between Watcher’s Grave and the Hallows. The chest itself is hiding out on a ledge. Check the minimap to determine the general area.
- Chest two is on the opposite end of the zone, so either fast travel back to Watcher’s Grave or jump on a sparrow to ride back. This chest is located on a branch on the large tree where Xur appears.
- The final two chests are near The Tangle, a large zone that unfortunately does not have a fast travel point. So for now, travel to the Cistern.
- After loading in, follow the road straight ahead which should take players towards The Tangle. The first chest is on the path between the zones on the left side in a pool of Vex “milk” near a tree found after heading through a vex structure. Keep in mind that this liquid is electrified and players will take damage when touching it.
- The final chest for this week is near the middle of the zone, typically where a public event spawns in. However, this chest is down in the caverns, so head to the lowest point in the area and walk through a small cave opening. When the path splits, head right which should take players into The Mists zone. The chest is basically right on the path as well.
Leviathan Raid Encounter Order/Weekly Challenge
While providing new milestones and content, the weekly reset also shuffles the Leviathan Raid encounter order. While this not only helps to keep the experience fresh for veteran players, it also helps players new to the experience get used to the Raid while also giving them an opportunity to play each part even if struggling.
The new week also updates the Raid Challenge which now centers on the War Dogs inside the Pleasure Gardens. Make sure to visit our Gardens guide for insight in accomplishing this challenge.
This week, the raid order is as follows:
- Baths (Royal Pools)
- Pleasure Gardens (War Dogs)
- Emperor Calus
Heroic Strike Milestone
For players looking for more of a challenge when playing strikes, the Heroic Strikes playlist is the way to go in Destiny 2. Players above the minimum recommended power level of 270 have an opportunity to score better loot at the end of the mission. Complete three of these this week to earn a powerful loot engram.
Heroic Strikes – Complete 3 heroic strikes.
Lord Shaxx Crucible Milestone
Call to Arms – Win glory by participating, getting kills, and finishing PvP matches from either the Quickplay or Competitive playlists. Finish the milestone and return to Shaxx to earn his weekly engram.
And that’s all for this week. Good luck, Guardians!
Destiny 2 is available now for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Hey, thank for your visiting to this post Nightfall, Heroic Strikes, Flashpoint, and More. I wish this post provide some useful informations about technology for you.
Post Source: https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-nightfall-flashpoint-strike-january-30/