Windows 10 Build 14366 is available for Insiders in the Slow Ring
3 days after releasing Windows 10 Build 14366 to the Fast Ring, Microsoft Microsoft announced that the company is releasing the build of Windows 10 Insider Preview to Windows Insiders in the Slow Ring, meaning the build has proven to be stable enough and without any show stopping bugs. Windows 10 is build 14366 introduces a lot of new improvements, which can be seen below.
Here is what’s new for PCs:
- Office Online for Microsoft Edge: Use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Sway Online without needing Office installed. The Office Online extension is the quickest way to view, edit, create Office files in Microsoft Edge! You can also quickly access your recent files, thanks to integration with OneDrive and OneDrive for Business. Visit our extensions page at the Microsoft Edge Dev website to learn more and try it out for yourself!
- Windows Store Update: A Store update (Version 11606.1000.43.0) is rolling out today that includes some good performance improvements to prevent the Store from crashing and using up too much resources on your devices. You should see an overall improvement navigating the Store and visiting app pages.
As usual, the update includes a few bug fixes and some other improvements. Here is the changelog for PCs:
- For you mes amis: If you have a French Windows 10 Insider Preview build installed on your PC, you should receive this build as we have fixed the issue with the French translation process that caused a lot of text to revert from French back to English.
- Navigating to the Privacy pages in Settings app will no longer crash the Settings app and prevent you from adjusting your privacy settings.
- We have fixed the issue causing PC and Mobile devices trying to project to a PC (via the new PC Access feature) to fail.
- We fixed the issue where Start would not launch while an app is installing for certain languages, such as Chinese or Portuguese (Brazil).
- We’ve updated the size of the Windows Ink Workspace icon in the notification area on the taskbar to be more consistent with the other notification area icons. In a similar drive to improve the consistency of our experience, we’ve updated the X to leave the Windows Ink Workspace which will now show a red state when you hover over it. We also fixed an issue where mouse wheel scrolling wouldn’t work to spin the ruler with certain mice, and an issue where dismissing the share pane or accepting the prompt to enter tablet mode would result in exiting the Windows Ink Workspace.
- We have updated Cortana search results, so now when you right-click on a .docx file, you’ll see a context menu option to open that file’s location.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the monitors in under Settings > System > Display from sometimes jumping to a different ordering after being clicked and causing scaling changes. We also fixed an issue where the slider to change display scaling might jump to an unexpected scale factor as you were moving it.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to unsnap a full screen Remote Desktop window if you had been prompted credentials while connecting.
- We fixed an issue when the tile names could become cut off after using semantic zoom, and one where Start tiles could no longer be moved with touch.
- In an effort to improve visibility and access to your newly installed apps, we have moved the “Recently added” section of Start to be located above the “Most used” section in the All apps list. We’ve also increased the duration of time in which apps will be listed here – now 7 days, so you can easily try them out and decide if you want to pin them to Start or the taskbar for regular use and quick access.
- We fixed an issue where an active VPN connection could block the PC from going from idle into sleep.
- We fixed an issue where the touch keyboard might appear on the Lock screen after pressing the Num-Lock key on the keyboard.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge using a large amount of CPU when open to a page with many animated gifs, as well as an issue resulting in certain captchas not displaying correctly.
- From this build on your default location will now be preserved across build updates.
- We fixed an issue resulting in nothing happening if you attempted to expand a Skype notification in Action Center. We also fixed an issue where the scrollbar would draw with no margin from the chevron and X in Action Center notifications, and one where app logos might be missing from the Action Center.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the cursor not showing up when interacting with the system using a Wacom tablet.
- We fixed an issue where the Settings app could open to a blank page after selecting a settings page via search results.
- We fixed an issue where the File Explorer window might navigate back to Quick Access after deleting something from the current folder in view. We also fixed an issue where right-clicking on the desktop might result in showing a spinning curser for a long time before the context menu would show.
- We fixed an issue resulting in existing reminders failing to display in the Cortana UI, and an error when attempting to save a new reminder.
- We have updated the Mobile Hotspot settings page to allow name, IP address, and mac address to be selectable so it can be copied elsewhere if needed.
- We fixed an issue where the battery flyout might not report the correct overall charging state for devices with two batteries.
- We fixed an issue where the title bars of apps using dark theme wouldn’t be dark when the window was not in focus, for example, Groove Music or Settings app.
- We fixed an issue resulting in you sometimes seeing a progress indicator before the background image would load on the Lock screen.
If you are a Windows Insider in the Fast Ring, you can get the latest build by heading over to the Settings app, click on Update & Security, and then check for updates. Happy downloading!
Having Problems with Xap or Appx Deployment? Please go through the Beginners Guide.
PS : Always buy genuine apps & games to support the developers. Please dont use patches unless you cant afford to buy it or if apps are not supported for your region.
Thank you for your visit on this page Windows 10 Build 14366 is available for Insiders in the Slow Ring