Alongside a big new Windows 10 Insider build today, Microsoft has also shipped a new SDK preview for developers.
The launch of Windows 10 build 17063 is eating up the spotlight today, but developers are being treated to a new SDK preview build as well. Microsoft has rolled out Windows 10 SDK preview build 17061, following the last SDK preview build to be released at the beginning of December, 17046.
This latest release doesn’t contain much in the way of changes, but there are some known issues to be aware of. The release notes also detail the same C++/WinRT compiler and MIDL keywords that were included in previous builds. Here’s a look:
- C++/WinRT Now Available: The C++/WinRT headers and cppwinrt compiler (cppwinrt.exe) are now included in the Windows SDK. The compiler comes in handy if you need to consume a third-party WinRT component or if you need to author your own WinRT components with C++/WinRT. The easiest way to get working with it after installing the Windows Insider Preview SDK is to start the Visual Studio Developer Command Prompt and run the compiler in that environment. Authoring support is currently experimental and subject to change. Stay tuned as we will publish more detailed instructions on how to use the compiler in the coming week. The ModernCPP blog has a deeper dive into the CppWinRT compiler. Please give us feedback by creating an issue at: https://github.com/microsoft/cppwinrt.
- New MIDL key words – As a part of the “modernizing IDL” effort, several new keywords are added to the midlrt tool. These new keywords will cause build breaks if they are encountered in IDL files. The new keywords are:
- Installation on an operating system that is not a Windows 10 Insider Preview build is not supported and may fail.
- Cannot deploy to a device: When attempting to deploy to a mobile device, it fails with the following error: DEP0001: Unexpected Error: SmartDeviceException – Class not registered [0x80131500]
- Please follow this posting for updates. https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/122425/dep0001-unexpected-error-smartdeviceexception-the.html
- XAML Designer fails to load: When attempting to load the XAML designer, an Unhandled exception occurs “The XAML Designer has excited unexpectedly.
A full list of API updates and additions can be found in Microsoft’s release notes. This SDK preview build is only supported by Visual Studio 2017 and can be installed alongside previous SDKs. SDK preview 17061 can be downloaded from Microsoft now.
Thank you very much for your visit on this webpage Windows 10 SDK preview build 17061 now available for developers.
Source link: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/wmexperts/~3/HIXUiJwWJhI/windows-10-sdk-preview-build-17061-now-available-developers