A new update for Windows Template Studio is here with some nice improvements across the board.
Microsoft has released Windows Template Studio version 1.2, an update to the Visual Studio extension that brings improvements to the wizard, new features, and more.
Here’s a complete look at what’s new, according to the release notes:
Improvements to the Wizard:
- Add new content to existing WTS generated projects in your solution window via right-click
- We will be working toward seeing how we can enable this for non-WTS generated projects
- Adjusted ordering of templates based on popularity and logical groupings
- Under the hood, we’ve done a lot of work toward localization and started some accessibility improvements
- Simplified descriptions
- Logo adjustment to help at smaller icon sizes
- First-time load prompt
- What’s New prompt
- Upgraded references to UWP Community Toolkit 1.5
- Styling adjustments
- Template generation post-action improvements
- Added in pull request template
- Added in Issue template
Looking towards the future, Microsoft says it is working to build some bigger features into Template Studio, like Fluent Design in templates, Project Rome features, Ink Templates, and more.
To recap, Windows Template Studio is taking the place of Windows App Studio, a web-based tool for creating apps without coding knowledge. Windows App Studio is in the process of being retired, with its sunset scheduled for December 1.
If you already have the Windows Template Studio extension installed, you should be able to update to version 1.2 from within Visual Studio now. Otherwise, you can grab the extension from Microsoft now.
Thank you very much for your visit on this webpage Windows Template Studio 1.2 now up for grabs with wizard improvements, more.