Namely, the Surface Laptop, the Signature Type Cover and the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard all feature Alcantara. We recently looked at just how durable these pricey extras can be. But how do you clean Alcantara to ensure it lasts as long as possible?
It’s not as difficult as you might assume. Microsoft recommends the following when cleaning its Type Cover Keyboards:
To clean the keyboard, wipe with a lint-free cloth dampened in mild soap and water. Don’t apply liquids directly to your Surface. Do this often to keep your Touch Cover or Type Cover looking great.
Related: What the heck IS Alcantara anyway?
General cleaning tips for Alcantara
Here’s what you’ll need:
First, you’re going to want to use some compressed gas or cloth to get rid of any dirt and particles that may have collected on or underneath the keys, as well as the surface and on all sides. Once this has been completed, it’ll be easier to analyze just how much cleaning you’ll need to do to remove tough marks or oil stains from daily use. Here’s a list of next steps:
- Pour some warm water into a bowl.
- Add the mild liquid soap.
- Dampen a lint-free cloth into the mixture.
- Rinse and gently wipe down the Keyboard/Type Cover.
- Repeat until clean.
If stains and marks remain after a few runs with the cloth, it may be time to apply some Alcantara cleaner, which should get rid of these unwanted blemishes. We recommend giving a keyboard or Type Cover a cleaning once a week (depending on use) to prevent build-up.
How to clean specific substances from Alcantara
The official Alcantara website details how you can remove specific stains or spillages:
- Fruit juice, jam, jelly, syrup or ketchup — Lukewarm water; rinse by dabbing with clean water.
- Blood, egg, excrement or urine — Cold water; avoid warm water because it makes these substances coagulate, rinse by dabbing with clean water.
- Liquors, alcoholic beverages, wine, beer, coke or tea — Lukewarm water; if the color mark remains, treat with lemon juice and then rinse it well.
- Indelible pencil, cocoa, chocolate, pastry with cream or chocolate, ice-cream, or mustard — Lukewarm water; rinse by dabbing with clean water.
- Vinegar, hair gel, tomato sauce or coffee with sugar — Lemon juice and then wipe with lukewarm water; rinse by dabbing with clean water.
How about you?
Do you own a Microsoft Keyboard or Type Cover with Alcantara? Let us know in the comments how you clean your products and what your experiences have been.
Updated on July 13, 2018: This guide has been updated so you have everything you need to keep your Alcantara products clean.
Thank you very much for your visit on this webpage How to clean Alcantara on Microsoft’s Surface keyboards and covers.
Post source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/wmexperts/~3/J_ixsHUkJqc/heres-how-clean-alcantara-surface-pro-type-cover