06/04/2018 – 3:04pm
For years iPhone users were stuck with Apple’s default apps. These apps include the likes of Mail, Stocks, Safari, Clock, Compass, Notes, and more. While most people found these apps useful, there were others who wished they could be removed from their iPhones.
It wasn’t until iOS 10 that Apple gave people their wish–sort of. With the release of iOS 10, Apple allowed people to hide default apps on their iPhone, but not remove them completely. But with iOS 11, that’s changed.
iOS 11 brought the ability for users to completely delete most default apps on their iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches. I say “most” because there are default Apple apps that Apple doesn’t allow you to delete. Settings is one–and the reason why should be obvious.
But Apple allows users to delete most of its other preinstalled apps. Here is the completely list of the ones you can delete: Activity, Calculator, Calendar, Compass, Contacts, FaceTime, Files, Find My Friends, Home, iBooks, iCloud Drive, iTunes Store, Mail, Maps, Music, News, Notes, Podcasts, Photo Booth, Reminders, Stocks, Tips, TV, Videos, Voice Memos, Watch app, Weather.
I’ve listed the app names above because you’ll need them if you wish to ever restore default apps after you’ve deleted them (you’ll see why below).
Also, there are some things to keep in mind if you do delete Apple’s default apps. Sometimes the iPhone’s functionality will be affected elsewhere. For example, if you delete the Calculator app, the calculator won’t appear in Control Center. Likewise, if you delete the Weather or Stocks app, data from those apps (including their widgets) won’t be available elsewhere in iOS.
Got all that? Good. Now follow these steps to delete and restore default iOS apps in iOS 11.
Deleting iPhone’s Default Apps
- Delete a pre-installed Apple app on your iPhone is really no different than deleting any other app. First, touch and hold the app icon lightly until it jiggles.
- One the app’s icon is jiggling, tap on the X icon in its corner.
- A popup will appear asking if you want to remove the app. Tap Delete to delete it.
- After you are finished deleting any other apps, press the “Done” button in the upper righthand corner of the screen on the iPhone X or the Home button on older iPhones to finish the process.
Restoring Deleted Default iPhone Apps
This process is just a little more complicated than deleting default apps, but not by much. If you’ve deleted an Apple app and then decide you want it back, follow these steps:
- Launch the App Store app on your iPhone or iOS device.
- In the search field, type in the correct name of the default Apple app you want to restore. The name you type must match the exact name Apple has named the app (see all the names above) or it won’t appear in search results.
- Tap the cloud download button to redownload the app.
- Once the app is downloaded, it will appear on your Home screen. Tap it to launch it again like any other app.
Hey… A great happiness because you have visited this page How To Delete And Restore The iPhone’s Default Apps. I wish this post provide some useful informations about mobile technology for you.
All contents of this page are sourced from: http://www.knowyourmobile.com/ios/25014/how-delete-default-iphone-apps