Probably, You are familiar with the error code 0xc00007b. This is actually a pretty common issue in windows 7, 8 and 10. Maybe, It will continue disturbing you in future windows versions too. So, I’ll show you the best ways to fix error 0xc00007b.
Normally, This error appears while installing or opening any programs or games in windows. But, It also may appear in anywhere at anytime. Specially, You may encounter it while opening any native desktop or windows store app or even while installing directx or other services. Normally, It comes with following message:
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
Actually, There is not a specific reason that can cause it. This can be a result of several internal problems. But, You should try to learn the ways that help to troubleshoot this issue.
How to Fix Error 0xc00007b in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7:
Actually, It is pretty easy to resolve errors like 0xc0007b. Normally, Trying reinstallation or running the program or installing as administrator may solve this issue. But, If you have already tried these tricks and have failed, You can follow these methods one by one.
1. Check for Any Pending Updates:
When you encounter this kinds of errors, You should check for windows update and install if there is any pending / available updates. Probably, This will fix error 0xc0007b.
Sometimes, You may face this problem while installing Directx. In that case, Updating display driver can fix error 0xc0007b. But, I recommend you to update all of your drivers to resolve this types of problems.
2. Use Troubleshooter:
You can skip this method, If you are not facing it in windows store apps. In case, It is happening for windows store apps, Just use store app troubleshooter. To do it, Follow these things.
- At first, Open Start Menu and type troubleshooter. Then, Hit enter.
- Then, Click on View all from the left sidebar.
- Now, Find Windows Store Apps an click on it.
- Click on Next and follow onscreen instructions to “fix error 0xc00007b” in windows store apps.
3. Perform Clean Boot:
If third-party programs or services are responsible, Clean boot is a very good option to get rid of error code 0xc0007b. Just do the following things.
- At first, Perform clean boot in windows.
- Now, Try to open or install the problem and see, If you are still facing the same problem.
- If you see that it has fixed the problem, There may be any third-party programs or services causing this problem. In that case, Just boot into normal mode and disable any suspicious services or programs like antivirus, firewall etc. Maybe, It will help you to solve this error permanently.
4. Instal / Reinstall Directx and .NET Framework:
This is a very effective method to repair error 0xc0007b. Sometimes, Some corrupted files which are belong to directx or .net framework may cause this problem. If it is true for you, Just try repair them by following these steps.
Note: You also can install visual studio. I found many people recommend it. But, It depends on you.
I hope, Doing these things will resolve our problem. If not, Please follow the next method.
5. Repair Corrupted System Files to Fix Error 0xc00007b:
As corrupted or damaged system files cause so many issues in windows operating systems, I always recommend you to try repairing the system files. Previously, I wrote an article on it. Just read my guide to repair corrupted system files. I hope, This will also help you to troubleshoot error 0xc0007b.
6. Repair Upgrade Windows:
Some missing or damaged .dll and other files that require operating system to perform normally can be a reason of this error. As, We don’t know which files are damaged and may be the list is bigger than we imagine, I recommend you to try repair upgrade windows rather than replacing .dll and other files by downloading them from somewhere else. Because, That process can be unsecured, complicated and uncomfortable. So, You can do following things.
- Just download windows ISO and burn it in DVD / pendrive or mount / extract it in PC.
- Then, Just open setup.exe.
- After that follow onscreen instructions. But, Don’t forget to choose keep windows settings, personal files and apps. Though it depends on you.
- After doing this, You should not face error 0xc00007b anymore.
Caution: Please note that it may not erase your personal files, settings and apps. But, It will clean all of your native desktop apps. Even you may need to install some of your drivers manually after a repair upgrade.
Anyway, I hope, This guide will help you to fix error 0xc00007b in windows. There may some other ways that can help you. You are always welcome to share them in comment box, If you know any.
Thank you have visited this post, I wish this post which discuss about How to Fix Error 0xc00007b / 0xc000007b in Windows can be useful for you.