How to Fix Windows Hello is Missing from Windows 10 – According to some users, Windows hello feature is missing in their devices. It happens suddenly. Again, Some users have claimed that it has been missing after windows update / upgrade. In this article, You will learn about how to get windows hello back, If it goes missing.
Windows hello is a cool feature available in windows 10 both mobile and desktop versions. This feature makes sign-in process more easier. If your device has required sensors like finger print or iris scanner, windows hello should be available for you. As a result, You can easily sign-in by scanning your finger or iris. This is actually a secured way to access your device. But, Sometimes, You may not find it in your PC. This may happen suddenly. You may see a message like this:
“Windows Hello isn’t available on this device.”
When windows can’t detect the required sensors or devices, It may hide this feature from you. Sometimes, It may happen, If some system files become corrupted.
I’ve already mentioned which are the possible reasons behind this problem. Now, You will know the ways to get back windows hello feature.
1. Update Windows:
With updates, Windows fixes some common issues that a large number of users face. Whenever you see any of the core windows features like windows hello is missing, You should check for latest windows updates. This may fix your problem and bring back the missing features.
2. Check in Group Policy:
For any reason, If biometric functionality is disabled from windows group policy, Windows hello may not be showed in settings. So, You should check and correct it in group policy. Here are the detailed instructions.
- First of all, Press Win + R from keyboard. It will open RUN.
- Now, Type gpedit.msc and hit enter.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Biometrics.
- Now, Double click on Allow the use of biometrics.
- Then, Enabled. Then, Click on Apply and OK.
- At last, Restart your PC.
It should fix windows hello missing problem in windows 10.
3. Re-Install Windows Hello Devices:
From your device manager, You can uninstall windows hello devices like finger print scanner. Then, Restart your computer and install it again. After that, Windows may start showing hello features in your PC. To re-install:
- Open RUN, type devmgmt.msc and press enter. It will open windows device manager.
- Now, Expand and right click on the device you want to uninstall. For example, You want to uninstall finger print device. So, Just expand Biomatric Devices and right click on the device and choose Uninstall Device and follow onscreen instructions.
- After that, Restart your PC.
- Again open windows device manager.
- This time, Click on Action from the navigation menu and choose Scan for hardware changes. It should automatically detect and install finger print sensor.
- If it doesn’t do it automatically, You can install it manually. In this case, Visit your computer’s manufacture website for further details.
After doing it, Check, If it brings the windows hello feature in settings.
4. Re-Install Windows:
If windows hello feature gets missing after installing a major update like anniversary or creators update, You can definitely roll back your PC to previous version. But, If you don’t want to do it and all these three methods mentioned above fail to resolve your problem, You can re-install windows with latest ISO file. It should fix windows hello missing problem.
Sometimes, These tricks may not help. So, You may need to follow additional troubleshooting steps to fix windows hello missing problem. But, It depends on the type of your problems. I recommend you to post on answers.microsoft.com with details of your problem. You also can ask for help in our forum.xtremerain.com.
Thank you have visited this post, I wish this post which discuss about How to Fix Windows Hello is Missing from Windows 10 can be useful for you.