Windows 10 has a pile of new gaming settings as of the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, and we’re here to show you what’s new.
How to find the Windows 10 game settings
- Open the Settings menu by clicking the cogwheel in the bottom left corner of the Start Menu.
Select Gaming in the Settings Menu.
The menu options from here grant you access to various functions to tailor your gaming experience with Windows 10 features.
- You can customize the Windows 10 Game Bar, adding your own keyboard shortcuts for its various functions and features. Head here for more information on how to use it.
- You can configure the Windows 10 Game DVR, which records gameplay in the background so you can capture video and screenshots. There is more information on how it works over here.
- You can set up broadcasting on Windows 10, allowing you to stream your gameplay to Microsoft’s streaming platform, Mixer.com. Go here to learn how to do that.
- The Game Mode segment simply tells you if your PC is Game Mode capable. Game Mode doesn’t seem to have a huge impact on gameplay performance in our testing, even in the April 2018 update. If you want to try it out yourself, though, head here to find out how it works.
- You can also enable TruePlay, which is an anti-cheat system provided by Microsoft. Not many games seem to use this as of writing, so if enabling it screws with your games, we recommend keeping it off.
- It also lets you check your connectivity to Xbox Live services via the Xbox Networking tab.
More Windows 10 gaming resources
We have a bunch of resources on how to use the settings in the Windows 10 gaming section outlined above right here.
Everything Windows 10
For more helpful articles, coverage, and answers to common questions about Windows 10, visit the following resources:
Thank you very much for your visit on this webpage Windows 10 April 2018 Update gaming settings: Everything you need to know.
Post source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/wmexperts/~3/K9KellVzg6c/windows-10-game-settings-everything-you-need-know-april-2018-update